There’s a lot of stuff I share on the Internet every day. Here’s a round up of the things I most enjoyed last week by category.
- How to break the pattern of choosing “unavailable” partners. Dude. This resonated with me a little extra hard after recently getting stood up for the first time in my life. Mesmerizing that people still do that sort of thing, but I’m pretty grateful for the experience. I can now add that stamp in my Passport of Sheri.
- How to attract the right people into your life. Be authentic and put yourself out there. Over and over and over. Whether it is romance or business or friendships. Show up. Be seen. Live whole.
- Anne Lamott threw down truth and it went pretty damn viral. “Is it okay with you that you blow off your writing, or whatever your creative/spiritual calling, because your priority is to go to the gym or do yoga five days a week? Would you give us one of those days back, to play or study poetry? To have an awakening? Have you asked yourself lately, ‘How alive am I willing to be?’ It’s all going very quickly. It’s mid-May, for God’s sake. Who knew. I thought it was late February.”
- 10 Oklahoma bands you should be listening to right now. Ten emerging artists from Oklahoma. The music scene here is flourishing with so much talent. I could have added another 10 or 20 to this list.
- If I had a boat. Holy shit. Lyle Lovett and I chatted on Twitter the other evening for a few minutes. At the time I figured it was an assistant or an intern, but the longer I sit the more I think it was actually him. Neato.
- Antici…pation. This person ACTUALLY wins the Twitter.
- The One Who Lives Too Far by John Fullbright I don’t think it’s any secret how much I adore this man’s music. This is one from the new album releasing May 27. I can’t wait to see where this takes him.
- Southern Man by Merry Clayton I watched 20 Feet From Stardom last weekend and featured prominently in the documentary was a woman named Merry Clayton. Holy shit, she has pipes.
- Song of Good Hope by Glen Hansard My friend Dustin pointed this video to me last week as I was mentioning for the 1,000th time how much I love Glen Hansard. After I posted it to Facebook my friend Carey pointed out the story of how this song came to pass. Check it out at 47:12 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqOUxUo4vLM. So….yeah. I sure hope things work out between Glen and I.