There’s a lot of stuff I share on the Internet every day. Here’s a weekly round up of the things I most enjoyed last week by category.
- Forget Miley: How to talk to your children about their shitty taste in music.
- 15 things you absolutely must know about social media or your face will melt off and get eaten by goats. “5. Write vicious posts about popular bloggers and then email them to tell them what you did. Inside the post write about how you just know that the popular blogger is going to send all of their minions to attack you for saying it. But before you do this? See if that blogger has ANY HISTORY AT ALL OF EVER DOING THIS because most likely the only comment is going to be from the blogger telling you that you misspelled ‘punctilious’.”
- 9 questions about Syria you were too embarrassed to ask. Really great piece that explains it all in an entertaining (all relative, of course) way that actually educated me. Because I don’t read the news very often. ::shame::
- The very worst website I’ve ever seen. No, really. I’m not kidding. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- 96-Year-Old Writes Heartwarming/Heartbreaking Love Song For His Lost Love.
- Inside the world’s most dangerous amusement park: Action Park “Let’s put it this way: The park had a waterslide that went in a complete loop. One more time: A waterslide. That. Went. In. A. Complete. Loop.”
- John Fullbright – When You’re Here Saw him perform this at The Blue Door several months ago. It slipped into my DNA. Can’t wait to hear it live again.
- Neutral Milk Hotel – In an Aeroplane Over the Sea I started my guitar again this week. I began with this song.
- Gin and Juice – The High Def Howlers (in the style of The Gourds) Look closely, that’s me on rhythm guitar. I use the word ‘rhythm’ and ‘guitar’ quite loosely, but look at my smile. That counts for something.