There’s a lot of stuff I share on the Internet every day. Here’s a round up of the things I most enjoyed last week by category.
- Paste Magazine’s best photos of 2013. If I woke up tomorrow and knew how to shoot a pic like that Wayne Coyne or Jim James one, I wouldn’t be sad.
- This is how I’ll lose you. “You’ll point to reasons for your fear, like my emotions, even though I handle them well, or my insecurity, even though it requires little of you, or my sexual appetite, even though I’m happy with how things are between us. You’ll tell yourself you’re justified, and you’ll begin to shut me out. I’ll feel it in an instant.” Another thoughtful piece from Thought Catalog. This site popped onto my radar this year and I’m glad for it.
- Cinnamon Rolls 101 from The Pioneer Woman. I made these for Christmas morning breakfast. FROM SCRATCH. I cut the recipe in half then saved 1/3 of the dough for hot rolls. And I *still* had a full pan of them to put in the freezer for later in the week. And leftovers for the fridge. So. Damn. Good.
- The best of Karen Walker. Another Thought Catalog piece. “You’ll do it like every self-respecting woman does. Get on your back, point your heels to Jesus and think of hand bags.”
- John Fullbright – Me Wanting You Still obsessed with this guy. That last show at the Blue Door really got him into my DNA. All the songs I want to hear are either in a holding pattern for the next album or so old they are only on YouTube. I hope I’m wrong about the latter.
- John Fullbright – Paranoid Heart “Maybe wreckless hearts come in pairs. Maybe that’s the only shake we’ll ever get to call fair.” Jesus, John Fullbright. You give me all the feelings to feel. I hope you keep that art coming for the next 40 years or so.