There’s a lot of stuff I share on the Internet every day. Here’s a weekly round up of the things I most enjoyed last week by category.
- The Hyperrealistic Sculptures of Ron Mueck These send me directly into a daydream, like all good art does. La la la… down the rabbit hole I go…
- Jack Fowler – Fifty Dollar Art About a month ago I met Jack IRL for the first time. We’ve become fast friends and he inspires me every day. When he isn’t making glorious pieces of genius he does fun 12×12 pieces of original art for an easy price that are also genius. Go buy one or three.
- Reporting from planet Earth: an interview with Wayne White “We mostly regret, live in the past or live in the future, and get caught within the two, remembering and anticipating. The whole power of art is that it is something made by someone who is fully there and passed it on to other people. By looking at it you get to experience it – that’s the whole mojo and voodoo.” Preach.
- “Cups” by Anna Kendrick done in tap. I don’t know the lead guy in this video but I know his dad, which is neat. But you know what’s more neat? TAP DANCING. Geez, what a fun video!
- I’m hosting another house concert. If you’re near OKC, you should RSVP…but hurry because we’re into single digit remaining tickets. Artists include Stranded at the Station and Jack Fowler with Sunshine Hahn. Yes, the same Jack Fowler. There’s nothing that guy can’t do.
- Dial-up modem sounds That’s all. Takes me way back to a time of message boards, listservs and trading love notes (via email) with a guy who lived too far away to ever really be my boyfriend. Ahhh…1994.
- Ryan Adams – Come Pick Me Up Another oldie that fell into rotation this week.
- The Lone Bellow – Two Sides of Lonely I forgot to add this last week. I was at the show in this video and though I’m not a massive fan of their studio recordings, I am completely and totally smitten with their live show. It is magic.