There’s a lot of stuff I share on the Internet every day. Here’s a round up of the things I most enjoyed recently because I’m at least a month behind on these.
- Interview with a guy who sneaks into music festivals. A lot of music festivals. “In the space of four years Marcus has been to almost 50 festivals around the world. Along the way he’s made friends with bands like Mumford & Sons, found himself clinging underneath festival cess-pits, and hanging out with people called Acid Chris. This is not his day job—he shoots for stations like HBO and creates music videos. But somehow, between hitch-hiking across the United States and being one of the most sought-after photographers in music, he’s found time to compile his four-year festival experience into a documentary.”
- 10 best performances at the Newport Folk Festival.
- Ray LaMontagne calls out audience members for talking. Atta boy, Ray. I’m ever increasingly grumpy about people who talk over songs at shows. I’m not a fan of shaming but I do like that he acknowledged the douchebaggery.
- The Bloggess goes to BlogHer and tweets her travels. “Then I was told that this hotel didn’t have a minibar. They also didn’t have room service, but if you called down they’d make you a sandwich and you could pick it up yourself. It was like staying with my grandma.”
- Date’s flaws coming at woman faster than she can rationalize them “Each flaw—from his tendency to talk over me to his poorly groomed facial hair—required time to process and then explain away, but they kept coming at me all night, sometimes three or four of them at once.”
- The Muppets got mashed up with the Beastie Boys and the whole world sings along Any words are inadequate to describe just how much I love this video. Like…fer serious. And when Beaker grabs the mic and does the hand thing? ::blacks out from laughter::
- That kid who selfied with Warren Buffett and Paul McCartney.
- Untitled ‘stars’ song by John Fullbright My adoration of John’s music is well-documented. Add this song to the list of pieces of his I’m wild about.
- Western Shore by Ryan Bingham Great, great lyrics from an interesting voice.
- Land of the Living by Roo Panes I just discovered this band a few days ago via Spotify surfing. RIGHT up my alley.
- O’ Be Joyful by Shovels & Rope I fell in love with this couple at the Newport Folk Festival. Love the gumption in this particular song.
- When the Subway Comes Above the Ground by Leif Vollebekk Another Newport Folk Festival discovery. Leif has a charming stage presence and songs that take you into the trance he’s in as he delivers them. I talked with Leif a few times while I was in Newport and was always greeted by his wide smile and kind nature. Watch for this guy in the coming year.