There’s a lot of stuff I share on the Internet every day. Here’s a round up of the things I most enjoyed last week by category.
- Russian mother takes magical pictures of her two kids with animals on her Farm. That kid standing on the edge of the dock. Be still my heart.
- Advice column courtesy of Amanda Palmer. “All that said, sometimes you need to just shut the computer and stop fiddling with your phone. The voices on the internet can be like the voices in your head – relentless and impossible to ignore, and nonproductive. So as tempting as it may be to stay connected to the battle and drama online, talking with your actual friends and hanging out in the real-life spaces of the world is the best antidote.”
- Why you make bad decision when you’re attracted to someone. ” When you can’t seem to get someone out of your head, serotonin is usually to blame. Or, more accurately, a lack of serotonin. This same drop in serotonin creation is present in people with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. In other words, being infatuated with someone causes a similar chemical state to a condition that would otherwise be treated in a professional setting.” Furthermore, there are things (like alcohol) that suppress serotonin production. Seems like a perfect storm, huh?
- Signs you’re in a relationship with hummus. “I really like hummus. I like it so much that you could say I’m a hummusexual.”
- A couple is letting the Internet name their daughter. And you can vote! I’m hoping for Amelia All-Spark.
- What artists eat. This isn’t fancy or complicated, but it’s neat to read about several of my interests combined. People, art and food in a short paragraph. A window peek.
- Royals but for people in their 30′s. “Written by a kid I probably used to babysit / Killing it by puberty while I can barely stay fit.” Really funny and painfully true.
- Why? (The King of Love Is Dead) by Nina Simone.
- Rise to Me by The Decemberists. The steel guitar in this song intoxicates me. Don’t know why…but it’s just perfect.
- SXSW ’14 – The 188 bands you need to hear. I’m going to SXSW this year and my friend Geoff tweeted this link in preparation of his own SXSW adventure. I’m about 1/2 way thru the list and added about 20 so far that I’d like to check out.