There’s a lot of stuff I share on the Internet every day. Here’s a round up of the things I most enjoyed last week by category.
- 20 difficult truths about love and relationships from a life coach. This is some of the most solid, succinct wisdom I’ve read in a while. One of my favorites was, “19. A period of time spent alone will be the best gift you can give to yourself. If you resist medicating yourself with alco-, worko-, or Bravo Channel-holism, you will learn to trust yourself deeper, hear the voice of your inner guide clearer, and in the absence of another person telling you how beautiful/smart/clever you are, will learn to generate this for yourself. Your future self and your future healthy relationship will thank you.”
- HOLY LORD, MATT NATHANSON FAVORITED MY TWEET. True story. I was there. It totally happened. Later that evening one of my girlfriends texted me and said, “If you start dating Matt Nathanson I’m going to be so jealous.” I replied, “Yeah, so will his wife.” But one can dream…
- Born in the USA by Bruce Springsteen Not the version you’re thinking of. Instead, a captivating acoustic demo.
- Nebraska by Bruce Springsteen (Live) This links to a whole album on YouTube. You are welcome.
- Kill My Sorrow by Joy Kills Sorrow If you really dig Punch Brothers, I think you’ll at least like these folks.
- Was it You by Joy Kills Sorrow Her voice and that harmony at 1:35. I need to lie down now.
- Ok…one more. JKS’s great cover of Such Great Heights.
- The Way We Move by Langhorn Slim I just started listening to him and instead of picking one or three songs, I went through all of his albums on Spotify. But this album is a good starting point. The title track, Coffee Cups and Two Crooked Hearts seem to be favorites thus far.