There’s a lot of stuff I share on the Internet every day. Here’s a round up of the things I most enjoyed last week by category.
- 20 things that mentally strong people don’t do. So, so, so good. I’m not practicing 100% on this list but I aim to. Everyone, please read this and save yourself a decade of suffering.
- Why I bought a house in Detroit for $500. “All but two of the houses on the block behind Forestdale are gone. Instead of letting it slowly fill up with trash and despair, Paul planted an orchard. In the summer peaches and pears and apples and plums grow on the trees, and vegetables of every make and model grow in the soil. Neighbors care for bees and collect honey in autumn. In the winter, Paul floods it to make a backyard ice rink. He’s still tinkering with a homemade way to groom the ice, and recently I found him back there on his knees with a clothing iron plugged into an extension cord, trying to iron the ice smooth. That didn’t work. He’ll figure something out eventually.”
- 4 things I learned from the worst online dating profile ever. “I could follow my first instinct as these messages began to roll in, which was to invest in a high-quality chastity belt and start collecting cats.”
- 10 creative rituals you should steal. Golden, golden, golden advice that I needed to read. I’ve accidentally discovered some of these things (like quarterly vacations…not that *ever* take whole weeks each quarter) but hadn’t realized the importance of others (like daily writing). And, yeah, reading this really extra a whole lot makes me want to attend the 99U conference. ::sigh::
- Awesome portraits of iconic San Francisco houses. Colorful paintings of houses in my favorite city, labeled with the presumed snack being served inside. Brilliant.
- Ladies Against Humanity I hadn’t ever thought about this, but Cards Against Humanity is written by men. So, so funny…but here’s a Tumblr of proposed cards written by women. These need to be added as an expansion pack NOW.
- Ventriloquist picking up girls on the subway.