There’s a lot of stuff I share on the Internet every day. Here’s a round up of the things I most enjoyed last week by category.
- You are a lightworker “Your journey of personal development is all part of a divine plan. Our deepest struggles are the catalysts for our greatest change. The moment we embark on a spiritual journey, something radical awakens within us: a deep desire to spread the love. Whether you realize it or not, when you begin to unearth the light within yourself you’ll soon want to carry the message.”
- The First Step To Long-Lasting Happiness “First of all, you must know what you really want, which can be hard if you were raised to please others. Secondly, you must believe that what you want is worthy—again, a tricky prospect for women long trained in the dark arts of self-deprecation. Thirdly, you must face the possibility of rejection…”
- When you become visible “It was time to clarify my boundaries or kiss my adrenal glands good bye.My heart and health won. I mastered saying ‘No, thank you.’ I had to become more inaccessible so I could have the space to do what I do best — which serves more people in the end. For sovereignty, I learned to rule my kingdom.” This piece really, really resonated with me and I’m a work in progress on self-care. The first step is admitting you have a problem…
- Cameron Esposito – Woman Who Doesn’t Sleep With Men Oh, my god is his hysterical and damn near identical style of humor as one of my dear friends. I must have watched this 10 times.
- ERMAHGERD Translator No, really. I mean, NER, RERLER.
- John Fullbright’s going to be on DAVID LETTERMAN I am unreasonably excited about this. Like…phone alarm is set and everything. August 28.
- The worst sofa in the history of humankind Sorry about your eyes, man.
- It Will Come Back by Hozier “Don’t let me in with no intention to keep me. Jesus Christ, don’t be kind to me, don’t feed me. I will come back.”
- Langhorne Slim @ Watkins Family Hour Newport Folk Festival I’ve been running into Newport Folk videos this week as I get my head above the post-vacation water. Watkins Family Hour was a great evening of memories to have and I’m thrilled someone else shot so I didn’t have to be that guy.
- Trees by The Oh Hellos A super, super special show and this was the encore song. They were overwhelmed with joy. I was overwhelmed with joy. Watch later in the video you can see a red head jumping up and down. That’s me. Also at the beginning of the video…you’ll see me. SO FUCKING COOL. They even got a good clip of the hot, preppy guy who was in that tent every single day. My northeastern dreamboat soul mate. I’m writing more about Newport next weekend, including this video. Real talk: I wept when I found this video in my inbox on Saturday morning. Wept like a folk-lovin’ baby. The week was HARD for unrelated reasons and Wednesday/Thursday totally sucked balls. But this video was salve for the soul. More on that later…