Well, I have.
I have been busy.
And I’ve ALSO been busy trying to get less busy. That has to count for something.
- The company I work for opened a new restaurant (a second location of existing concept).
- 10 Day Vacation: It was awesome! But you know how you have to work extra (personally and professionally) to take vacation? And then to recover from it? Yeah…that’s why you still haven’t seen my food pics yet.
- 3 of our 4 kids had birthdays.
- Hosted 3 or 4 parties outside of those birthdays.
- I lost 30%-40% of my hair. No….really. I’ll have to tell y’all about that sometime.
- Camp Mighty.
- Black Friday. Just kidding, I started my shopping 2 days ago.
- Opening ANOTHER restaurant in less than 2 weeks. Brand-new concept, the most ambitious one we’ve ever done and one of, if not the, most ambitious ones our city will have seen. I’ll write more about that soon.
- Made 42 pounds of toffee (in the last two weeks)
- Like any good blogger, there are always a few things that can’t go on the blog. Those things have been happening, too.
- And trying like hell to engage in taking better care of myself. That could mean a cardio regimen or yoga or eating more plants or making time to laugh with my friends or slowing down to enjoy my kids or practicing self compassion. That last one is hard, y’all.
- Of course there’s the million other things, too.
I’m taking it a day at a time and hoping the intensity is temporary. ::fingers crossed::